Tuesday, May 19, 2009

When can I stop?

Okay, just in case anybody had any doubts when I said that Wendy is *completely* over me- On Friday I inadvertantly walked in on her chatting online with a guy named Johnny, whom she's apparently already gone out with; on Saturday she went hiking up Bell's Canyon with two other guys (she told me just in case she got lost, etc.); and last night, when I had some friends over to keep me from gonig completely insane, I didn't realize that she wasn't home until 11 pm, when the friends left and she showed up- she'd gone to Fiddler's Elbow after work with new co-workers (she just started an internship), saw a cute guy, and decided to stay and "get to know him".
Okay, I understand that while other people were out running around having lots of casual dates, she was in monogamous relationships, including ours, and that she's enjoying the freedom of NOT being in a relationship and not wanting one. And I'm trying, really hard, to be a supportive friend, let her know she can talk to me if she wants, that she doesn't have to hide anything from me, etc., but just the thought of another guy touching her makes my blood boil, and the definite, PROVEN knowledge that she PREFERS other guys to me, is a stake in the heart.
When can I stop being a supportive friend, and start being the incredibly jealous ex that I really am? When can I finally scream "I was ready to give you the rest of my life, and you decided we were through because the able-bodied college boys are more attractive!"
I don't know, but I do know it won't be as long as I live here, and until Social Security finally agrees that I'm disabled, this is the best choice for my living arrangements (and believe me, I've considered them all, even going back to MT).
So for now, I'll just keep my mouth shut (except here, of course), and be her friend, and try really hard not to think of her with other people. We kind of have a deal that she won't bring anyone here where we live, I wonder if that will survive the week that I'm gone to Uprising, somehow I doubt it. On the other hand, maybe a week without me will make her miss me, but I think it more likely that I'll need to call before I come home, to make sure she has time to get whoever out of here, and clean up the evidence.
Hopefully I'll be able to start dating someone else, and having someone that is actually attracted to ME will help me get over the woman that obviously isn't.

1 comment:

Youse got sometin' to say to me?! Lemme hear it! Give me a name for the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon