Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dunkr, I hate you

Mark Steele, my pal Dunkr, decided to make my life miserable with the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon by giving me the name Max Schreck. BUT, I am truly great, so smart guy, here's your answers:
1- if you meant the character Max Schreck played by Christopher Walken in "Batman Returns", well, Christopher also appeared in "Joe Dirt" with Rance Howard, who just happened to appear in "Frost/Nixon" with Kevin. SEPARATION- 2.5 (.5 for being the Character)
2-if you meant the character of Max Schreck played by Willem Dafoe in "Shadow of the Vampire", well, Willem was in "Body of Evidence" with Frank Langella, who was of course Nixon himself in "Frost/Nixon", which Kevin was in. SEPARATION-still 2.5



BUT



3-IF you meant the great German Actor of the early 1900's (dying in 1936) Max Schreck, well, how can I connect a Kevin to a guy who never worked in the U.S. and who died 22 years before he was born?!?!




UNLESS



you count the fact that Max was in "Wolga Wolga" with Feodor Chaliapin Jr., who was in "La Maschera" with Helena Bonham Carter, who of course was in "Novacaine" with Kevin. SEPARATION-3 :P

Oh, and for Wendy, who was also trying to be difficult- Bob Eubanks was in "Greatest Game Show Moments" with Fred Ward, who was in "Tremors" with Kevin; and he was also in "Johnny Dangerously" with Mike Bacarella, who was in "Stir of Echoes" with Kevin, so Bob is a double 2.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm pretty impressed with that Max Schreck linkage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curse you Helena Bonham Carter, must you always be my undoing!!!! Good job, that was the Max Schreck i was going for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. Max Schreck. He's actually a guy that I did six degrees with before! Only, I liked him with Paul Hartmann. Schreck and Hartmann were both in Der Tunnel (1933), Hartmann was in The Longest Day (1962) with John Wayne (among others). That same year, Mr Wayne was in How The West Was Won with Eli Wallach, and in 2003 Mr Wallach was in Mystic River With Kevin Bacon.

    Four degrees. Not quite as impressive as your three degree match, but, I worked His Grace, Duke Wayne in there, so that has to count for something.

    ReplyDelete

Youse got sometin' to say to me?! Lemme hear it! Give me a name for the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon