Sunday, April 19, 2009

another day, another pain in the @$$

First, as I've noted before, Adsense is still debating whether I'm a crook or I made an honest mistake (truth is- the latter), so I figured since I don't have any ads showing up, just big blank spots on my blog, I'll remove the Adsense blocks from my blog. Logical, right? Guess what, you CANNOT remove Adsense blocks from a Blogger.com blog, **even if they've closed your Adsense account**! How stupid is that? "You were bad, so you can't have the ads, but you have to keep the empty spots so people know you were bad", is that it Google?

On another topic, the Salt Lake Police Department announced last week that, starting immediately, anyone they arrest 4 times for vagrancy, panhandling, or a list of other minor things that indicate "homeless person", that person will be provided with counseling on how to get and keep a job, substance abuse counseling, and the kicker- HOUSING VOUCHERS! Meanwhile I, who have NOT broken any laws AT ALL, have to wait another 1 1/2 YEARS (I just checked with the Housing Authority) to get those same vouchers! Where is the logic in this? The cops don't want to deal with them anymore, so they apply for a grant to start this program, ignoring the fact that they are totally screwing those of us who are on the waiting list for those same houses/apartments!

On yet another topic, I'm considering how to go about filing a class action suit against the Social Security Administration for flagrant violation of the 8th Amendment, the one that gaurantees the right to a speedy trial- I don't care who you are, waiting 3 years is NOT speedy!

Any thoughts on the matter?

1 comment:

  1. The 8th Amendment was a great idea. Made the Founders feel good about their setup. But when did it stop working? I have never heard of any average Joe getting a speedy trial. For anything. I guess you have to be a celebrity, or horribly infamous (which I guess is the same thing), to be treated "fairly."

    You have my empathy. I've been waiting 5 1/2 years for a settlement. It took the other party 4 years to schedule a deposition of ANYONE, and another 1 1/2 years to KEEP any of those deposition appointments. What have they been doing with their time? I'm almost to the point of not caring WHAT the outcome is, just so long as it ENDS. Sad, no?

    Who is to blame? Lawyers? The laws and statutes themselves? Judicial backlog? Or can we just mark this off as another symptom of failing leadership?

    They'd better watch out. The natives are getting restless . . .

    ReplyDelete

Youse got sometin' to say to me?! Lemme hear it! Give me a name for the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon