Saturday, April 25, 2009

the Return of the Bad Day

Just woke up, legs are okay but mid-back is mid-aching and right shoulder is right agonizing, more pills and "Bed Buddy" (tm) rice bag heated and put on the shoulder whilst I bring you loyal fans up to speed.

Maybe I can get a work-at-home data entry job? Surely there's somebody who's willing to pay a living wage for semi-dependable work done one hour out of every 6, right? What I really need is a cousin named Guido, so I could go to construction sites and "supervise". Or perhaps I've seen too many episodes of "the Sopranos".

Which reminds me of something that really bothered me at the time- anybody else watch the HBO series "Rome" when it was on? Did you notice that they all spoke Shakespearean English? Now, if I'm watching Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar", then I would expect that, but an HBO original series, why Shakespearean English? C'mon, they're Italian, they should sound like the Sopranos, not Shakespeare!
Of course, on the other hand, the image of Julius Caesar saying "Brutus, dis f$%#ing guy!" just cracks me up, so maybe Shakespearean is a better choice. The world may never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Youse got sometin' to say to me?! Lemme hear it! Give me a name for the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon