Tuesday, April 21, 2009

bad day version 2.4

Okay, I managed to stay pain-free long enough to go to Forum, but shortly after we got there my left leg started to hurt again, so I took the pills that I had with me (just in case), but by the time Hilde got me home I was having a hard time walking. She hung out for a bit to say "hi" and chat with Wendy, and I put the heat pad on my leg, then under my hip (okay, under my @$$), while we chatted. Then, just after Hilde left at 9:30, we realized (Wendy and I) that we couldn't find Cardhu. In the looking for him, my leg buckled while I was standing near the top of the stairs, so I fell, but managed to catch myself and keep from bouncing all the way down. Right about then I realized that the gate wasn't completely shut when Hilde and I came in (she hadn't been planning on staying nearly an hour), and I had let Cardhu out while she was here (I called her to verify that, and she said she'd be right back to help find him).
So, out to look for the dog, Wendy moving MUCH faster than me, but as we call him we here him answering from just down the street. He got into a neighbor's fenced yard, but couldn't figure out how to get out again. Wendy pretty much ran to get him, me hobbling along behind, now in severe pain after the fall. Hilde pulled up just as I started to call her and tell her we found him, and gave me a ride back past the 4 houses I'd limped past, there being NO way I could have made it back under my own power. Wendy helped me inside, where I took yet another full dose of drugs, and I sat down to catch up on emails and such, which gets us to about 10:30. As I sat reading emails, I dozed off, and just jerked awake at 11:45 pm, and wrote this entry into the ol' blog. Of course, the "jerking" awake caused MORE pain, so one more short dose and off to bed with the heating pad.

I really, truly hope I won't be blogging tomorrow until noon, at the earliest. Any earlier means "breakthrough pain", as in the pain is so bad that it breaks through the drugs I took previously and wakes me up. I'm thinking "bad day v. 3.1" won't be as amusing as today was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Youse got sometin' to say to me?! Lemme hear it! Give me a name for the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon